- Madaraka Festival offers hotel travel packages through our hotel partners in Seattle. Email us through email@example.com
- Try searching Airbnb.
- Hotels near the venue, Pier 62.
- There are two parking garages located near Pier 62. Parking fees apply.
- Pike Place Market Garage (follow the link for details on location and cost)
- Republic Parking Hillclimb Garage (follow the link for details on location and cost)
- Visit downtownseattleparking.org for more information about parking in downtown Seattle.
- Arrive early to avoid delays.
- Prepare for encountering construction as you travel to the pier. Visit Seattle Waterfront Construction for more up to date information.
- Public Transportation – On public transit, Pier 62 is easily accessed by bus, light rail, ferry, or water taxi. Plan your trip.
- 3rd Ave & Pike St – Bus Routes – C, D, E, 15 Blue Ridge – Crown Hill – DT Seattle, 125 Westwood Vill – S Seattle Coll – DT Seattle (11min walk)
- 3rd Ave & Pine St – Bus Routes 1 Kinnear – DT Seattle, 2 West Queen Anne – DT Seattle – Madrona Park, 3 North Queen Anne – DT Seattle – Madrona, 4 East Queen Anne – DT Seattle – Judkins Park, 7 Prentice St – Rainier Beach – DT Seattle
How do I get there by driving?
- From I-5 North, take the Madison Street/Convention Place exit. Stay straight to go onto 7th Ave. Take the first left onto Madison Street. Turn right onto Alaskan Way. Pier 62 is on the left adjacent to Pine Street.
- From I-5 South, take exit 165A toward James Street. From the right lane, merge onto 6th Avenue. Turn right on Columbia Street. Turn right on 1st Avenue. Turn left on Madison Street. Turn right onto Alaskan Way. Pier 62 is on the left adjacent to Pine Street.
WILL THERE BE A FESTIVAL MAP AHEAD OF TIME SO WE CAN SEE the LOCATIONS OF FOOD COURTS AND BATHROOM AREAS? WHAT ABOUT THE LOCATION OF STAGE EACH BAND WILL BE PLAYING ON?
- Maps will be located in both the Festival Guide given out at the show, as well as on the Madaraka Festival website.
- Lineup information, such as when each band will be playing, will be posted a couple of days before the festival.
- There are no public outlets available at the pier. We recommend you bring a portable charging bank for mobile phones.
- If you have children, bring them with you and also bring your friends and relatives to help you watch them to allow you to enjoy the show from time to time
- There is a soccer turf accessible for visitors and children. Soccer balls will be provided. There are also large scale chess and checker games and connect four that visitors, families, and children can enjoy.
- We will have volunteers who will occasionally help parents keep an eye on their children, but it is not our job to take care of your children so come ready to enjoy together with your children!
Friends is following guidance from Public Health Authorities for the City of Seattle, King County, Washington State and the CDC. At this time, wearing a mask is optional for program partners, instructors, vendors, and visitors to Pier 62. These rules are subject to change as new public health guidelines are released. Program Partners will be notified of any changes and must adhere to the public health policies in place at the time of the event.